Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa Success Story

This morning we received the wonderful news from our client (“the Applicant”) that her Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa application was successful and she has been granted 30 months leave to remain in the UK to live with her British citizen partner (“the Sponsor”). The Applicant’s case was particularly challenging as her and her partner did not satisfy the cohabitation requirement in the conventional way. However, our team of Immigration experts requested for a comprehensive range of supporting documents which we thoroughly reviewed, and drafted details representations which clearly set out that the Applicant meets the cohabitation requirement as well as all the other requirements for the application.  

The case for an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa application

The Applicant was an American national who met the Sponsor in Vegas whilst he was on holiday with friends. At the time the Applicant was finishing college and the Sponsor was resident in Hong Kong and traveled a lot for work. The two formed an instant connection and began a long distance relationship, communicating with each other frequently and meeting up for trips to each other’s home countries and elsewhere around the world. Once the Applicant finished college, she and the Sponsor decided to travel the world together for the next two years, staying in hotels and Air BnBs across the world. They recently decided to put down roots and settle together in the UK.

During the consultation, the couple were confident they met all but one of the requirements for an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa, except for the two years cohabitation requirement. We advised that there are no guarantees with the Home Office, but we can prepare their application with a strong set of supporting documents and detailed representations to explain their unique circumstances.

The Cohabitation Requirement for an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa

Many of the requirements for a Spouse Visa and Unmarried Partner Visa are the same, in terms of maintenance, accommodation, and English language. However, the key difference is that Unmarried Partner Visa Applicants must demonstrate at least 2 years of cohabitation with one another. This can be both in the UK and overseas. The usual documents that Applicants provide in order to demonstrate cohabitation are correspondence showing they live at the same address as their British Sponsor. This is to demonstrate that the relationship between the Applicant and Sponsor is genuine and subsisting; although other documents are also required to prove this.

LEXVISA Immigration Solicitors are highly experienced to deal with complex Immigration matters. If your circumstances are not straightforward, but you still feel you meet the Immigration Rules and requirements for your UK visa, then you should contact our team and schedule a consultation.

Paying the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) fee as part of an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa Application

The IHS was introduced by the Home Office on 6 April 2015 and applies to non-EEA migrants who are coming to the UK for more than 6 months. The IHS fee is not applicable for settlement and citizenship applications. Payment for IHS is collected by the Home Office and goes directly to the National Health Service (NHS). This means that Applicants will have access to NHS services such as the GP and dentist. Paying the IHS fee is mandatory and is paid online through the Government website. Failure to pay the correct IHS fee could result in your application being returned as invalid. If instructed, our team of expert immigration lawyers can consider whether you will need to pay the IHS and how much you will need to pay.

Using Legal Representation to Submit an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa Application

Legal representatives, such as our specialist immigration and visa law firm, are qualified to advise you on the law and your immigration matter. You can instruct one of our immigration and visa legal representatives to successfully assist you with an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa application. Our solicitors and Barristers will help you comply with the Home Office’s requirements and meet the Immigration Rules.

Caseworkers at the Home Office are trained to reject underprepared Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa applications which are improperly prepared, for example by failing to provide the correct supporting evidence. In order to ensure your Immigration & Visa application succeeds, our solicitors and barristers will ensure all specified documents must be provided.

The UK Immigration Rules are complex and a legal representative can help ensure that your application meets the Immigration Rules.

Successfully apply for an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa

Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest. We offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of your prospects of submitting an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa application before your application even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. We can assist you with the preparation and submission of an Unmarried Partner extension application and are able to advise you in respect of your prospects and to ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules.

Our offices are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients.  We are minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.

Preparation is the key to successful immigration applications. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and arrange your legal consultation to discuss an Entry Clearance Unmarried Partner Visa application.

Contact our London immigration solicitors on 02071830570 or complete our contact form.

Call Now Button search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close