Sole Representative Visa (Overseas Business)

A Sole Representative Visa is suitable for those who wish to establish a branch of an overseas business or those who are representatives of overseas media businesses who have no presence in the UK. Applicants must apply for a Sole Representative visa from outside the UK and can bring their dependants with them. A Sole Representative Visa is valid for 3 years but can be extended for a further 2 years after which there is opportunity for settlement.

Our expert business immigration team are regularly instructed by business clients and their dependants in preparing and submitting their Sole Representative / Dependant visa applications. We regularly consult with clients who have had their visa applications refused primarily due to the lack of evidence they submitted in support. Through our extensive experience we are familiar with the application process and what documents an applicant is required to produce to demonstrate that they meet the requirements for this visa.

Eligibility for a Sole Representative Visa

Generally, an Applicant must be either:

  • an overseas media employee employed by an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation and posted by their employer on a long term assignment in the UK; or
  • the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary in the UK.

The Applicant must have been recruited and employed outside the UK and should have the intention to work full time and only as a representative of that overseas business.

If you wish to explore your options of applying for a Sole Representative visa or you wish to accompany your family member, please contact our business immigration team today.

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)

The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) was introduced by the Home Office on 6 April 2015 and applies to temporary, non-EEA migrants who are coming to the UK for more than 6 months. Payment for IHS is collected by the Home Office and goes directly to the National Health Service (NHS).

If instructed, our team of expert lawyers can consider whether you will need to pay the IHS. If you wish to consider your options, please contact our team today and arrange a meeting with a qualified immigration solicitor who can advise you of your options.

Expert UK Business Immigration Solicitors

Our immigration solicitors can help you prepare your Sole Representative visa application; our expert team offer some of the following services:

  • Consultation in person or via Skype or telephone with an experienced immigration solicitor who can advise on whether you meet the eligibility requirements and the merits of your application;
  • Tailored legal advice which will assist you in collating the documents required for an application; and
  • Preparation of the relevant application forms and legal representations.

If you wish to have your documents checked by an expert immigration solicitor, please contact us so we can explore your options.

We are a UK law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our professional personal immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02071830570.

Call Now ButtonCall Now search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close