Turkish Nationals (Ankara Agreement)

In 1973, the UK became bound by the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) also referred to as the Ankara Agreement. Under the Ankara Agreement, Turkish nationals are allowed to establish themselves as a worker or in a business in the UK. After a certain period of time, this could allow a Turkish national to attain Permanent Residence in the UK.

Please note that as of 1 January 2021 this route has closed to new applicants as the Brexit transition period has come to an end. This route is still open for extension applications. 

Our expert immigration solicitors and barristers are often instructed by Turkish nationals who wish to remain in the UK as a worker or business person under the ECAA route. If you are a Turkish national considering extending your Turkish Businessperson visa, our team can assist you and help you understand the procedure.

Turkish Worker Visa

If you are a Turkish national who wishes to apply to stay in the UK as Turkish Worker, you must have legally worked in the UK for at least a year on:

If you wish to consider your options of applying for a Turkish Worker visa, contact our expert immigration solicitors today so we can explore your options and explain how long you can stay in the UK on a Turkish Worker visa.

Turkish Businessperson Visa (Self-Employed)

We are often instructed by clients who wish to apply for an extension of stay in the UK so they can establish a business or if they already have a business in the UK, they can continue to operate their business under the Ankara Agreement. Once a Turkish National has completed 4 years lawfully in the UK under this visa, they may be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Our team are well informed with regard to the rules and regulations which apply to Turkish nationals and can meet with you to discuss your options for migrating to the UK or applying for settlement.

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)

The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) was introduced by the Home Office on 6 April 2015 and applies to temporary, non-EEA migrants who are coming to the UK for more than 6 months. Payment for IHS is collected by the Home Office and goes directly to the National Health Service (NHS).

If instructed, our team of expert lawyers can consider whether you will need to pay the IHS. If you wish to consider your options, please contact our team today and arrange a meeting with a qualified immigration solicitor who can advise you of your options.

Expert UK Immigration Solicitors

Our immigration solicitors can help you prepare a visa application; our expert team offer some of the following services:

  • Consultation in person or via Skype or telephone with an experienced immigration solicitor who can advise on whether you meet the eligibility requirements and the merits of your application;
  • Tailored legal advice which will assist you in collating the documents required for an application; and
  • Preparation of the relevant application forms and legal representations.

If you wish to have your documents checked by an expert immigration solicitor, please contact us so we can explore your options.

We are an Immigration law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our specialist immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02030110276.

Call Now Button search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close