If you wish to visit the UK to carry out business related activities, you must apply for a Standard Visitor Visa. Prior to 2015, those who wished to visit the UK for business purposes had to hold a valid Business Visit Visa. The current immigration rules have replaced all other types of UK visit visas which is why it is now vital to demonstrate your proper intentions of applying for and meeting all of the requirements for a Standard Visitor Visa.
Our expert business immigration team are regularly instructed by business visitors and are aware of the importance of submitting a properly executed application. We regularly consult with clients who have had their previous visa applications refused primarily due to the lack of evidence they submitted in support. Through our extensive experience we understand the importance of preparing an application which clearly highlights how the applicant meets the UK Immigration Rules.
Business Related Activities – UK Business Visit Visa
The Home Office consider the following to be ‘business related activities’ which may then be the basis for Applicants applying for a Standard Visitor Visa:
- Attending a conference, meeting or training;
- Participating in a specific sports-related event;
- Performing as an artist, entertainer or musician;
- Researching or accompanying students on a study abroad programme as an academic; and
- Taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sitting the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
If you wish to discuss whether your activity is considered to be “business related”, please contact a member of our team so we can book a consultation with you and explore your options of applying for a suitable visa.
Expert UK Business Immigration Solicitors
Our immigration solicitors can help you prepare your Business Visit Visa application and our expert team offer some of the following services:
- An initial consultation either in person or via Skype or telephone with an experienced immigration solicitor who can advise on whether you meet the eligibility requirements and the merits of your application;
- Tailored legal advice which will assist you in collating the documents required for an application; and
- Preparation of the relevant application forms and legal representations.
If you wish to have your documents checked by an expert immigration solicitor, please contact us so we can explore your options.
We are a UK law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our professional personal immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02071830570.