The T5 visa route of the Points-Based System (formally Tier 5) relates to those wishing to come to the UK as a temporary worker or under the Youth Mobility Scheme visa route. T5 Applicants must apply from abroad and switching into other Points-Based categories whilst in the UK is not allowed.
Our expert immigration lawyers are regularly instructed by migrants wishing to work in the UK under the T5 work visa routes as is evident by testimonials left by our clients. Our team are ready to meet with you to consider whether you meet the eligibility requirements to apply from abroad or in the UK and once instructed will liaise with you in preparing your visa application with the requisite supporting documentation.
T5 Temporary Workers
This visa category is only open to temporary workers who wish to enter the UK to undertake temporary work for Home Office licensed sponsor. Generally, to qualify for a visa, the Applicant must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a licenced sponsor and must also have sufficient amount of points.
This category has 5 sub-categories:
- Creative and sporting – for people coming to the UK to work or perform as sports people, entertainers or creative artists for up to 12 months.
- Charity workers – for people coming to the UK to do voluntary work and not paid work for a charity.
- Religious workers – for people coming to the UK to work as religious workers. Duties may include preaching, pastoral and non-pastoral work.
- Government authorised exchange – for people coming to the UK through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice.
- International agreement – for people coming to the UK under contract to provide a service that is covered under international law.
T5 Youth Mobility Scheme
The T5 Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) visa is an alternative to the Skilled Worker visa. The T5 YMS visa is specifically designed for 18 to 30-year-olds who wish to experience life in the UK. The countries currently participating in the T5 YMS are Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Monaco, New Zealand, San Marino, Taiwan and Republic of Korea (South Korea) and successful Applicants will be granted leave for 2 years. On the T5 YMS visa, your Government will be considered your Sponsor during your stay in the UK. Applicants from 4 of those eligible countries will need to first apply to the ballot system before making an application under the scheme.
If you wish to consider your options of applying for a T5 YMS visa, please contact our immigration team today so we can meet with you and assess whether you would meet the Home Office’s criteria in this regard.
Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)
The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) was introduced by the Home Office on 6 April 2015 and applies to temporary, migrants who are coming to the UK for more than 6 months. Payment for IHS is collected by the Home Office and goes directly to the National Health Service (NHS). The IHS fee for T5 YMS Applicants is at a lower rate than for most other UKVI Applicants.
If instructed, our team of expert lawyers can consider whether you will need to pay the IHS. If you wish to consider your options, please contact our team today and arrange a meeting with a qualified immigration solicitor who can advise you of your options.
Expert Immigration Solicitors for T5 Visa Applicants
Our immigration lawyers have extensive experience in preparing visa applications for T5 visa applicants. Our immigration team can offer the following service:
- An initial consultation with an immigration lawyer who can advise on the eligibility criteria of such an application;
- Provide the applicant with a bespoke supporting documents list which will assist them in collating documents required for the application;
- Prepare the relevant application form and detailed legal representations to accompany the application; and
- If required (and available) accompany the applicant to the visa centre so they can submit the application in person and in most circumstances, receive a decision on the same day.
We are a UK law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our professional business immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02030110276.