The UK’s Immigration Rules relating to Adult Dependent Relatives allow elderly parents or grandparents of permanent UK residents and British citizens to apply to join their family in the UK. Over the years, the UK government has introduced stringent criteria which you will need to meet in order to make a successful application.
Our experienced team of solicitors and barristers understand that there is an extensive amount of documentary evidence required from applicants to meet the complex requirements for an Adult Dependant Relative visa. Our team of compassionate lawyers are here to assist you step by step in obtaining a visa which will allow you to remain in the UK with your family.
The following is the criteria you will need to meet for a UK Adult Dependant Relative Visa which requires you must have a family member settled in the UK:
- You will need to demonstrate that the Adult and elderly dependents who want to settle in the UK due to age, illness or disability, require a level of long-term personal care that can only be provided by a relative in the UK;
- You must be unable to obtain the required level of care in the country they are living, even with financial support from the sponsor (e.g. is no available care or there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it);
- The person you wish to become dependent on in the UK has the financial means to support you without seeking recourse to public funding; and
- The person you wish to become dependent on in the UK has the ability to accommodate you without seeking recourse to public funding.
Expert UK Immigration Solicitors
Our immigration solicitors can help you prepare an application for an Adult Dependant Relative and have previously assisted clients who have been granted a visa in the first instance. Our expert team offer some of the following services:
- Consultation with an experienced immigration solicitor who can advise on whether you meet the eligibility requirements;
- Tailored legal advice which will assist you in collating the documents required for an application; and
- Preparation of online/paper visa application forms and legal representations.
If you wish to have your documents checked by an expert immigration solicitor, please contact us so we can explore your options.
We are a UK law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our professional personal immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02071830570.