Adult Dependant Relative Visa

The Adult Dependant Relative Visa is for the non-EEA national family members of British citizens or permanent UK residents, who as a result of agree, illness or disability, can join their family members in the UK to receive the adequate level of care from their family member which is not available or affordable in their home country.

In 2012, the guidelines for Adult Dependant Relative Visa applications become more stringent in the UK Government’s main aim to reduce burdens on the UK tax payer. As a result, very few Adult Dependant Relative Visas are granted, with almost half only being successful on appeal.

Our experienced team of solicitors and barristers understand that there is an extensive amount of documentary evidence required from Adult Dependant Visa Applicants to meet the complex requirements for an Adult Dependant Relative Visa. Our team of compassionate lawyers are here to assist you step by step in submitting a strong Adult Dependant Relative Visa application, which  if successful, will allow you to remain in the UK with your family.

Eligibility for an Adult Dependant Relative Visa

In order to to make a UK Adult Dependant Relative Visa application, the Applicant must satisfy the following criteria:

  • Be over the age of 18 years and a close relative of the UK sponsor who must also be over 18 and either a British citizen or a person present and settled in the UK;
  • Demonstrate that they need long term care and assistance to perform everyday personal and household tasks, due to age, illness or disability;
  • Demonstrate that the level of care that is required is not available or affordable in their own country; and
  • That the person in the UK sponsoring the application will be able to support, accommodate and care for the Applicant without recourse to public funds.

Adult Dependant Relative Visa applications must now be made from outside of the UK.

Paying the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for Adult Dependant Relative Visa Applications

The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) was introduced by the Home Office on 6 April 2015 and applies to temporary, non-EEA migrants who are coming to the UK for more than 6 months. Payment for IHS is collected by the Home Office and goes directly to the National Health Service (NHS).

If instructed, our team of expert lawyers can consider whether you will need to pay the IHS and how much you would need to pay. If you wish to consider your options, please contact our team today and arrange a meeting with a qualified immigration solicitor who can advise you of your options.

Expert Adult Dependant Relative Visa Solicitors

Our immigration solicitors can help you prepare an application for an Adult Dependant Relative and have previously assisted clients who have been granted a visa in the first instance. Our expert team offer some of the following services:

  • An initial consultation with an experienced immigration solicitor who can advise on whether you meet the eligibility requirements;
  • Tailored legal advice which will assist you in collating the documents required for an application; and
  • Preparation of online/paper visa application forms and legal representations.

If you wish to have your documents checked by an expert immigration solicitor, please contact us so we can explore your options.

We are a UK law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our professional personal immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02030110276.

Call Now Button search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close