The UK is ranked as one of the top ten destinations in the world whilst London has the most international visitors of any city in the world. The UK government recognises the importance of tourism to the British economy and offers the Standard Visitor visa for those wishing to visit the UK for leisure, business or other reasons.
Our expert immigration team of solicitors are ready to meet with you in person or via Skype to consider whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Our lawyers often consult with clients who have had their visit visa refused in the past due to their lack of understanding of the immigration rules and what documentation is required for a visit visa application. There is a very limited right to appeal so it is advisable to consult with a qualified immigration solicitor to ensure that you submit a properly executed visit visa application.
Standard Visitor visa
You may wish to apply for a visit visa for a number of reasons such as for a holiday, for business, to take part in sports or if you wish to receive private medical treatment. In the past, you could apply for a specific visit visa but since 2015 these visas have all been replaced by one: the Standard Visitor visa. It is, therefore, important to make your intentions of visiting the UK clear to the Home Office from the outset or you may not be able to demonstrate that you are a genuine visitor and your application may be refused.
Those applying for a Standard Visitor visa have the options of obtaining short term or long term visit visas. You must be able to demonstrate that you are a genuine visitor to the UK and will leave at the end of your visit. You must also be able to show you can support yourself for the duration of the trip and can pay for your return journey. You can apply for a Standard Visitor Visa (formerly a General Visitor Visa) if you wish to come to the UK to see friends or family or as a tourist. It is possible for family members settled in the UK to sponsor your visit. Entry clearance is mandatory only for visa nationals as non-visa nationals are granted leave to enter as General Visitors upon arrival at a UK port.
Qualifying criteria for a UK Standard Visitor Visa
To meet the requirements of Standard Visitor Visa:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must plan to visit the UK for a maximum of 6 months and leave at the end of that period.
- You must be able to show that you have enough money to support your stay in the UK and be able to accommodate yourself.
We can ensure your UK Visit Visa application is successful
- We can provide a detailed assessment of your personal circumstances to ensure this is the right course for you.
- We ensure that you have the correct documents to support and strengthen your case.
- Complete and submit your UK General Visit Visa application.
- Keep you updated in regards to your application.
If you wish to apply for a Standard Visitor visa for business related activities, please visit our Business Visitor Visa section or call our Business Immigration team today for a free telephone case assessment.
You can apply for an Academic Visit Visa if you wish to come to the UK to undertake certain academic activities such as conducting research or take part in an exchange programme.
We can assist with your Academic Visit Visa application and queries. Our expert team of lawyers can assist you with the preparation of your application and ensure that you meet with all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules, we will ensure that all key points are substantiated with documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding an unnecessary expense of re-submitting your application to the Home Office.
Qualifying for a UK Academic Visit Visa
To meet the requirements of UK Academic Visit Visa:
- You must plan to visit the UK for a maximum of 12 months and leave at the end of that period.
- You must be able to show that you also have enough money to support your stay in the UK.
- Evidence will need to be provided to show that you have worked as an academic in an institution of Higher Education overseas.
- You must not receive payment for any work whilst in the UK.
- Be able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey from the UK.
What we can do for you to ensure your Academic Visit Visa is successful
- Detailed assessment of your personal circumstances to ensure this is the right course for you.
- We ensure that we have the correct documents in support of and to strengthen your case .
- Completion and submission of your UK Academic Visit Visa application.
- Keep you updated in regards to your application.
Expert UK Immigration Solicitors
Our immigration solicitors are regularly instructed to assist in the preparation of EEA Residence Card applications more often by clients who have instructed us to prepare their EEA Family Permit application. Our expert team offer some of the following services:
- Consultation with an experienced immigration solicitor who can advise on whether you meet the eligibility requirements;
- Tailored legal advice which will assist you in collating the documents required for an application; and
- Preparation of online/paper visa application forms and legal representations.
If you wish to have your documents checked by an expert immigration solicitor, please contact us so we can explore your options.
We are a UK law firm based in Middle Temple, London and our solicitors are fully authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Contact our professional personal immigration team today and we can offer you a consultation in person or via telephone or Skype so we can explore your options. You can leave us a message on our Contact Form or give us a call on 02071830570.