In recent years the United Kingdom has become one of the top destinations for overseas workers. The Tier 2 Work visa allows non-EEA national workers to come to the UK to work and potentially benefit from settlement status if they can meet the Indefinite Leave to Remain requirements under the Immigration Rules. Applicants often switch into this popular visa category from other visa categories such as a switch from a Tier 4 Student visa to the Tier 2 Work visa.
Applying for a Tier 2 Work Visa
The purpose of the Tier 2 Work visa is to allow skilled migrant workers to come to the UK to fill the gap in the UK workforce. In order to apply for a Tier 2 Work visa you must be able to show the following:
- The job title you are applying for must be at least skilled to NQF level 6 on the list of occupations;
- You have obtained a job offer in the UK from a registered Tier 2 Employer who holds a valid Tier 2 Sponsor Licence;
- The job offer must meet the minimum salary requirement;
- You must be able to accommodate and maintain yourself in the UK by showing you have access to at least £945;
- You must have passed an English language test (unless you are exempt);
- The Tier 2 Employer must be able to show that there is a genuine need for the skilled migrant worker and that the vacancy cannot be filled by a settled worker in the UK. In order to meet this requirement employers must pass the Resident Labour Market test; and
- Before you can apply for the Tier 2 Work visa your employer must issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
These are the main requirements for a Tier 2 Work visa. Our specialist immigration team is ready to meet with you to consider the eligibility requirements for a Tier 2 work visa. Our solicitors can also consider with you whether you will need to apply for Entry Clearance or whether you can apply within the UK.
Benefits of applying for a Tier 2 Work Visa
A key attraction for Applicants applying for a Tier 2 Work visa is that they can apply to have their dependents join them in the UK. Another attraction is that Applicants can apply to extend their visa and following this can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. After holding Indefinite Leave to Remain for one year Applicants can then apply for a British passport by way of Naturalisation.
Switching to a Tier 2 Work Visa
Applicants can switch to the Tier 2 Work visa within the UK if they are already on a Points Based System visa. A popular switching visa category is switching from a Tier 4 Student visa to Tier 2 work. The main advantages of switching from Tier 4 Student to Tier 2 Work visa is that:
- The employers are not required to conduct a Resident Labour Market Test;
- The employers are not required to pay the Immigration Skills Charge;
- Applicants can make the application within the UK and are not required to apply for Entry Clearance;
- Applicants can use their degree to meet the English language requirement; and
- Applicants may be able to benefit from settlement status in the UK.
Using Legal Representation to submit a successful Tier 2 Work Visa application
Legal representatives, such as our specialist immigration and visa law firm, are qualified to advise you on immigration law and your immigration matter. You can instruct one of our immigration and visa legal representatives to successfully assist you with an application to apply for a Tier 2 Work Visa application. Our solicitors and Barristers will help you comply with the Home Office’s requirements and meet the Immigration Rules.
Caseworkers at the Home Office are trained to reject applications which are improperly prepared, for example by failing to provide the correct supporting evidence. In order to ensure your Tier 2 Work Visa application succeeds, our solicitors and barristers will ensure all specified documents must be provided.
The UK Immigration Rules are complex and a legal representative can help ensure that your Tier 2 Work Visa application meets the Immigration Rules.
Successfully submit Tier 2 Work Visa application
Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest. We offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of your prospects of submitting a Tier 2 Work Visa application before your application even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. We can assist you with the preparation and submission of a Tier 2 Work Visa application and ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules.
We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients. We are minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.
Preparation is the key to successful immigration applications. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and arrange your legal consultation to discuss a Tier 2 Work Visa application.
Contact our London immigration solicitors on 02071830570 or complete our contact form.