Next month, the UK Governments further changes to the Immigration Rules will come into place. This will include providing visitors with a full list of ‘permitted activities’ and UK businesses in particular should consult the list when inviting business visitors to the UK.
Business Visitor Visa’s General Activities
The business visitor category is for people who want to come and do business in the UK for a short time. Business visitors coming to the UK may include academic visitors, visiting professors, teachers accompanying students, film crews and representatives of overseas news media. These visitors may:
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews;
- Present one-off or short series of talks and speeches, as long as these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
- Negotiate and sign contracts;
- May attend trade fairs but are not allowed to sell;
- Carry out inspections and visits work sites;
- Carry out and obtain information for their employers overseas; and
- Study for up to 30 days, as long as it not the main reason you are in the UK.
Corporate Business Activities
Intra-corporate companies who transfer their employers to other countries where their offices are based are allowed to:
- Advise and consult;
- Provide their peers with training;
- Share their knowledge and skills with their peers;
However, when it comes to a specific internal project with UK employees of the same company, overseas employees are not allowed to carry out work that directly involves clients.
Prospective Entrepreneurs can come to the UK to secure funding from one of the following sources, which they intend to join, set up or take over in the UK.
- One or more registered venture capitalist firms regulated by the financial conduct authority; or
- One or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed on the Government website; or
- One or more UK Government Departments
There are a number of the activities permitted for ‘Business Visitors’ , who may be manufacturing and supplying goods to the UK or are clients of UK export companies. Our expert Immigration Solicitors will be able to provide you with assistance and legal advice if you are looking to coming to the UK for business purposes. Whether your immigration business matter relates to the above or you are employed in a specific sector, we will ensure that you understand the conditions of your UK Business Visitor visa.
Successful UK Business Visitor Visas
Our team of experienced and professionally qualified immigration solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the process of making an application step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of law.
We also undertake a great deal of appeal work before the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal and have a successful track record of successful results for our clients. We have the experience and the knowledge required to take your case forward successfully. If you have had an application refused, contact us to discuss your case so that we can provide you with a case assessment.
Contact us so that we can review your case and provide you with an assessment.