This month, the British Consulate-General in New York adopted the Super Priority Visa Service (SPVS). The visa service is already available in India and China for applicants and their dependents making visa applications under the Points-based system and individuals who want to visit the UK.
SPVS Aims for Applicants to Receive Decision Within 24 Hours
The aim of SPVS is to allow applicants to receive a decision on their visa application within 24 hours of submission. The visa service was implemented at the British Consulate-General in New York on 6 March 2015. Applicants including non-US nationals and their dependents who are considered eligible for the SPVS are those who are applying for the following:
- Visitor visas (tourist and short stay); or
- Tier 2 visas (applicants who have permission to live in the United States); or
- Tier 5 visas (applicants who have permission to live in the United States or applicants who are on a Temporary worker visa – Creative and Sporting in the US and want to come to the UK to pursue similar activities); or
- Tier 4 Student visas (applicants who are residents in the US).
However, applicants who have a complicated immigration history are advised not to purchase the visa service. As they may prove not possible to be decided in 24 hours. Other visa applications which may take longer to decide and are recommended not suitable for the SPVS are:
- UK visa applications which have previously been refused or refused leave to enter the UK;
- Applicants who have been deported, removed or required to leave the UK;
- Applicants who have not complied with their UK visa conditions and overstayed their leave;
- Applicants who have previously been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America or the Schengen countries;
- Applicants who have been convicted of a criminal offence, regardless of where and when it happened;
- Applicants who fail to submit all the relevant documents required for their application.
Making the Visa Application Process Easier for Clients
The SPVS fee is $936 (approx. £600) and is available to applicants who are in New York or are able to get to New York. Prior to individuals in America booking an appointment on the VFS website we recommend having a detailed Skype consultation with our expert Immigration Solicitors.
The detailed consultation will provide you with a greater understanding of whether or not you should pursue the Super Priority Visa Service. If you decide that you want to move forward with the visa service, we will provide you with a bespoke documents list tailored to your circumstances. This is in order to avoid any delay when submitting all the required documents when attending your appointment at the British Consulate-General in New York. Furthermore, we will complete the online application and financial requirement form for you, so all you will have to do is sign, date and print them. Finally, our city of London Lawyers will provide concise but detailed legal representations to submit with the visa application.
Legal Advice & Successful UK Visa Applications
Our team of experienced and professionally qualified immigration solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the process of making a visa application to the UK step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of law.
Contact us so that we can review your case and provide you with an assessment.