The United Kingdom government has announced changes to the UK immigration rules for Tier 2 visa applications made on or after 24 November 2016.Legal Representation and Assistance with Tier 2 Visa Applications
Tier 2 General Visa Applications
You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK and you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Following a review of the Tier 2 visa route, the Home Office UKVI department announced significant reform to Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Visas. The changes will streamline the Tier 2 ICT visa into a single visa category. The changes come about in two stages, firstly in November 2016 then in April 2017.
Changes to Tier 2 Visas:
The changes will come into effect for all Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) assigned by Tier 2 sponsors on or after 24 November:
- Increasing the Tier 2 (General) salary threshold for experienced workers to £25,000, with some exemptions;
- Increasing the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) salary threshold for short term staff to £30,000;
- Decreasing the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) graduate trainee salary threshold to £23,000 while increasing the number of places to 20 per company per year;
- Closing the Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) skills transfer sub-category; and
- Eventually (date not yet annnounced), Intra Company Transfers will be liable for the Immigration Health Surcharge which currently costs £150 to £200 per year.
Successful Tier 2 UK Visa Applications
Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest. We offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of your immigration status and the merit of your applications before your matter even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. We can assist you with the preparation of your immigration or visa application and ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules.
We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients. We are minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.
Preparation is the key to successful immigration applications. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and arrange your legal consultation.