Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visitor Visa for Working Professionals

Non-EEA nationals who wish to come to the UK to undertake a thirty days paid engagement involving a permitted activity can apply for the Permitted Paid Engagement Visa. Under this short term visa you would be allowed to take part in a paid engagement, such as: giving lectures, examining students or carrying out an activity relating to your profession (for example: providing advocacy, taking part in entertainment or sporting activities or fashion modelling assignments).

Visitors undertaking permitted paid engagements (PPE) are invited to the UK because of their particular skills and expertise.

Qualifying criteria for Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

We assist non-EEA nationals in coming to the UK as an expert in their profession from outside the UK. Amongst the requirements, which you will need to meet, you will firstly need to be invited by a UK based organisation or client. Secondly you are coming to the UK to undertake some specific work without having to be sponsored under the points-based system. Finally, you will need to be over 18, have sufficient funds to support and house yourself and pay for your journey. The length of your stay can’t extend one month and you will have to leave at the end of your visit.

What activities are permitted on Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

Once you have your Permitted Paid Engagement visa:

  • you can be a student examiner or assessor
  • you can take part in selection panels as a highly qualified academic if you are invited by an education, arts or research organisation
  • you can give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it is not a part-time or full-time role
  • you can examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from if you are invited by an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority
  • you can provide advocacy in particular area of law
  • you can take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting
  • you can take part in fashion modelling assignments

You will also be able to do minor activities related to your work or business overseas e.g. attend meetings.

What activities are not permitted on Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

The following activities will not be permitted:

  • you can’t do specified paid work unrelated to your main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what is allowed by your visa
  • you can’t extend this visa or switch to another visa
  • you can’t live in the UK for extended periods
  • you can’t get public funds
  • you can’t study for more than 30 days – studying cannot be the main reason for your visit
  • you can’t marry or register a partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
  • you can’t bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application

Requirements for Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

Amongst the required documents you will need to provide your current passport, proof of being able to support yourself financially, details of your stay and a formal invitation. You will also need to prove that the paid engagement relates to your expertise and qualifications. If you are applying as an arts, entertainment or sporting professional, you should provide your publications, proofs of awards and media reviews of your performances.

Legal Advice from UK Immigration Solicitors on Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

The evidence required to support a Permitted Paid Engagement application is bespoke to each case and you may wish to take legal advice when making your application. Our expert team of lawyers have extensive knowledge of making applications for Permitted Paid Engagement visa. We can assist you with the preparation of your visa application and ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules. We will ensure that all key points are substantiated with documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding the unnecessary expense of re-submitting your application to the Home Office.

If you wish to consider your options, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your matter and if necessary advise you of the next steps you should take in a consultation.

We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients.  We are minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.

If you need professional legal advice about applying for a UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa please contact us for a case assessment on 02030110276. You can also reach us via our contact form

Call Now Button search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close