Over the last year we have found that the UK Visas & Immigration have been processing our applications in reasonable time. We have prepared a number of Spouse entry clearance applications which have been granted as well as Tier 2 (general) visas and Tier 1 Investor visas.
For instance, we were instructed in an entry clearance spousal application. Our Immigration Team duly prepared our client’s application with the requisite supporting documents and made detailed representation in preparation for the client to make his visa application in New York, USA. He submitted the application at the end of July 2014 and was granted his visa at the beginning of September 2014. we’ve also had clients who have had Tier 1 investor visa applications approved within 2 working days which they have attributed to our efficient preparation of their application.
Home Office Statistics for Visa Processing Times
The Home Office has published a number of statistics covering 2012, 2013 and the beginning on 2014. Please see below:
Indefinite Leave to Remain applications processed between January and March 2014:
- Tier 2 General Migrant switch to ILR took an average of 99.44 days;
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Migrant switch to ILR took an average of 63.5 days;
- Tier 2 Ministry of Religion Migrant switch to ILR took an average of 122.36 days;
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Migrant switch to ILR took an average of 115.5 days;
Naturalisation as a British citizen applications processed from January 2013 to September 2013:
- Between Jan 2013 to Sept 2013 the Home Office received 109150 Naturalisation applications. 104225 of these applications were successful and the average time they took to process was 48.23 days.
SET (O) Long Residency applications processed between August 2013 and September 2013:
- In August 2013: 925 SET(O) applications were received and 635 of these were granted;
- In September 2013: 1190 applications were received and 85 of these were successful;
- The average processing time for SET(O) Long Residency applications received since 1 August 2013 is 105.36 days.
Biometric Residence Permit applications processed in January 2013 to September 2013:
- During these 9 months 4,990 BRP applications were processed;
- 300 applications took over 120 days to receive a decision;
- 375 applications took between 91-120 days;
- 1,180 applications took 61-90 days;
- 1,125 applications took 41-60 days;
- 1,110 applications took 16-40 days;
- 115 applications took 11-15 days; and
- 70 applications took 6-10 days to process.
From our own experience our immigration team was instructed in an entry clearance Tier 1 Investor visa application. We duly prepared our client’s application with the requisite supporting documents and made detailed representations in preparation for the client to make her visa application in Canada. Our client submitted her application during the last week of September 2014, she received news that she had been granted her visa during the second week of October 2014.
Legal Advice & Successful UK Visa Applications
Our team of experienced and professionally qualified immigration solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the process of making a visa application to the UK step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of law.
Contact us so that we can review your case and provide you with an assessment.