Making a UK Student Visa application

The UK is one of the most attractive destinations to study around the world and international students are a huge boost to the UK’s economy. Priti Patel and home Secretaries before her have often stated that they welcome the brightest talents from across the world and encourage overseas students to come to the UK. Before an international student from outside the EEA can come to the UK to study, they must first get a UK student visa to study at an academic institution with a sponsor licence. The visa application process can be complicated and daunting; therefore, it is advisable to seek legal advice from our immigration solicitors in London by booking a consultation with us. We offer consultations via Skype for our international clients and are happy to arrange a meeting to assess each individual circumstances and consider the prospects of submitting a successful student visa application to the Home Office.

Who needs a student visa UK?

Anyone from outside the EEA who wishes to come to the UK to study will have to apply for a student visa. The most common student visa is Tier 4 (General) which is for Applicants over the age of 1 who have an offer from a UK academic institution with a Tier 4 sponsor licence and have a good English language proficiency. The Tier 4 (Child) visa is for Applicants under 16 years old. There are also short term study visas available for individuals who intend on taking a short English language course for example.

EU nationals who come to the UK to study after 30 June 2021 will also be required to apply for a student visa as the Brexit transitional period would have ended.

How long is a UK student visa valid for?

A Tier 4 student visa is valid for the duration of the academic course mentioned on the Applicant’s Confirmation of Acceptance of studies (“CAS”). Applicants are able to arrive in the UK 1 month before the start of their course if the course duration is more than 6 months. It is also possible to extend the Tier 4 student visa in order to continue studying in the UK; however, Applicants must be issued a new CAS and demonstrate academic progression. This means that the further course must be at a higher level than the once previous (i.e. an Applicant can do a Bachelor Degree then a Master’s Degree, but cannot to two Bachelor Degrees).

How much bank balance is required for UK student visa?

The level of maintenance funds required for a Tier 4 student visa application will vary depending on the Applicant’s circumstances. The maintenance funds will demonstrate that the Applicant can support themselves whilst in the UK and cover the tuition fees for the course. International students are not eligible to receive public funds and therefore cannot receive any assistance from student finance.

Can I work in UK with student visa?

Yes, it is possible for Tier 4 students to take up employment whilst they are in the UK undertaking their studies. Usually, student will be permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during term time, with these hours being increased during holidays. The specific conditions for work will be stated on each individual’s biometric residence permit. There may also be restrictions on the type of employment they are able to take; for example, Applicants are not permitted to work as a sportsperson or sports coach.

Using our Immigration Solicitors in London to apply for a UK Student Visa

Legal representatives, such as our specialist immigration and visa law firm, are qualified to advise you on immigration law and your immigration status. It is possible to instruct an immigration and visa legal representative to submit a UK Student Visa

Caseworkers at the Home Office are trained to reject applications which are improperly prepared, for example by failing to provide the correct supporting evidence. In order to ensure your UK Tier 4 Visa extension application succeeds, all necessary documents must be provided.

This can be a significant administrative task and you will need to submit the correct documentary evidence. The UK Immigration Rules are complex and a legal representative can help ensure that your UK Student visa application meets the Immigration Rules.

Successful Tier 4 Visa Extension Applications

Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest. We offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of your immigration status and the merit of your UK Student visa application before your matter even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. We can assist you with the preparation and submission of your UK Student Visa application and ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules.

We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients. LEXVISA is just minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.

Preparation is the key to a successful application. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and arrange your legal consultation.

Contact our London immigration solicitors on 02071830570 or complete our contact form.

Call Now Button search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close