The UK Child visa allows settled parents to apply for their overseas children to enter and remain in the UK without any immigration restrictions. The application is made under part 8 of the Immigration Rules – Family Members. The main requirement consists of having one settled parent residing in the UK. In some applications, the Home Office may also consider the place of birth for the child when assessing the application. Our specialist immigration team specialises in these applications.
What is the UK Child Visa?
The UK Child visa category allows settled parents in the UK to apply for their overseas and non-British children to join them in the UK. The UK Child visa allows children to enter and remain in the UK indefinitely without immigration restrictions.
What are the requirements for a UK Child Visa?
If you are settled in the UK and your child was born outside the UK your child must meet the requirements under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules. In order to submit a successful application the following requirements must be met:
- The child must not fall under the General Grounds for Refusal;
- Both parents are present and settled in the United Kingdom; or
- Both parents are being admitted on the same occasion for settlement; or
- One parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and the other is being admitted on the same occasion for settlement; or
- One parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement and the other parent is dead; or
- One parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement and has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
- One parent or a relative is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement and there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which make exclusion of the child undesirable and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care; and
- The child is under the age of 18, and is not leading an independent life, is unmarried and is not a civil partner, and has not formed an independent family unit; and
- The child will be accommodated and maintained adequately by the parent, parents or relative the child is seeking to join without recourse to public funds in accommodation which the parent, parents or relative the child is seeking to join, own or occupy exclusively; and
- Holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.
If you are settled in the UK and your child was born in the UK your child will be given the same stay as you.
How much does it cost for a UK Child Visa?
The fee you are required to pay depends on whether your child is applying from within in the UK or outside the UK. The fee for in-country applications is £993 and the fee for applications from outside the UK is £1464. These fees are subject to change. The standard processing time for these applications is anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks.
How our immigration solicitors can help with UK Child Visa
Our immigration solicitors in London specialise in visa applications and prepare applications to the highest standard. We have an impeccable track history of submitting successful UK Child visa applications for a range of clients. The key to submitting a successful UK Child visa application is being aware of the relevant Immigration Rules and submitting the correct supporting documents. Our immigration solicitors in London guide Applicants through the requirements and prepare detailed legal submissions in support of the application. In addition to the legal representations, our team of solicitors also provides multiple substantial reviews of the application bundle to ensure that the correct documentary evidence is submitted. We also prepare and assist with the submission of the application.
Using our Immigration Solicitors to submit a UK Child Visa application
Legal representatives, such as our specialist immigration and visa law firm, are qualified to advise you on immigration law and your immigration matter. You can instruct one of our immigration and visa legal representatives to successfully assist you with a UK Child Visa application to submit a visa application. Our solicitors and Barristers will help you comply with the Home Office’s requirements and meet the Immigration Rules.
Caseworkers at the Home Office are trained to reject applications, which are improperly prepared, for example by failing to provide the correct supporting evidence. In order to ensure your application succeeds, our solicitors and barristers will ensure all specified documents must be provided.
The UK Immigration Rules are complex and a legal representative can help ensure that your application meets the Immigration Rules.
Successfully submit UK Child Visa applications
Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest. We offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of your prospects of submitting a UK Child Visa before your application even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. We can assist you with the preparation and submission of a visa application and ensure that you meet all the requirements under the Immigration Rules.
We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients. We are minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice, and other central London courts.
Preparation is the key to successful immigration applications. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and arrange your legal consultation to discuss a visa application.
Contact our London immigration solicitors on 02071830570 or complete our contact form.