Our immigration solicitors in London received some wonderful news that our client (“the Applicant”) received a Spouse extension. This was the third application our immigration solicitors in London prepared for the Applicant. We had previously successfully assisted the Applicant with an entry clearance fiancé visa and a spouse visa. A Spouse extension application can be complicated and the application must be made in accordance with Appendix FM SE of the Immigration Rules. The Applicant and Sponsor were both over the age of 65; therefore, it was important the application process went as smoothly as possible; especially as the Applicant had some medical issues.
Background to Spouse extension application
The Applicant was a national of South Africa who we had previously successfully assisted with entry clearance as a fiancé and then an in-country spouse visa application. In our initial consultation with the Sponsor, we were informed that since the Applicant’s previous application there had been no material change to their domestic circumstances. However, the Applicant had unfortunately taken a fall and injured herself. The Applicant required a major operation. Therefore, it was our aim to ensure that the Applicant’s application was submitted as strong as possible the Applicant could receive a decision on her application without any issues and added stress.
Requirements for Spouse extension
In order to apply for a Spouse extension Applicants are required to meet the requirements under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules and they must provide the mandatory documents required under Appendix FM SE. The eligibility criterion is similar to the initial Spouse visa application. The main requirements are noted below:
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have engaged in any prohibited activities.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that their marital relationship is genuine and subsisting. The Home Office expects to see a variety of documents in evidence of this i.e. joint correspondence, joint financial responsibilities and evidence of the relationship.
- Applicants must be able to show that the UK is now their home and must not have excessive absences from the UK.
- Applicants must meet the financial requirement of £18,600 through their employment or the Sponsor’s employment. You may rely on income from salaried, non-salaried employment, income from self-employment as a director of a limited company in the UK under category F or G, income from pension and cash savings. In some circumstances, you can combine the different routes to meet the financial requirement. For example, if your income does not meet the £18,600 you can top up the difference using cash savings.
- Applicants must meet the accommodation requirement by providing evidence that they can meet maintain themselves in the UK without recourse to public funds.
- Applicants must also meet the English language requirement of Level A2 CEFR. Applicants can automatically meet the requirement if they are from a majority English speaking country. Applicants aged 65 and above are exempt from meeting the English language requirement.
The Home Office offers a premium service whereby Applicants can pay an additional fee to receive a decision within 24 hours from the date they received the Applicants biometric information and supporting documents.
How our immigration solicitors can help with a Spouse extension
Our immigration solicitors in London specialise in Spouse visa extension applications and prepare applications to the highest standard. We have an impeccable track history of submitting successful applications, especially where there are complexities. The key to submitting successful applications is being aware of the relevant Immigration Rules and more importantly the latest case law. Our immigration solicitors in London guided the Applicants through the requirements and prepared detailed legal submissions. In addition to the legal representations, our team of solicitors also provided multiple substantial reviews of the Applicant’s documents to ensure that she submitted the correct documentary evidence. We also prepared and assisted the Applicant with booking a premium visa service appointment and the application form.
Using our immigration solicitors in London to submit a Spouse extension application
Legal representatives, such as our specialist immigration and visa law firm, are qualified to advise you on immigration law and your immigration status. It is possible to instruct an immigration and visa legal representative to submit a spouse extension application.
Caseworkers at the Home Office are trained to reject applications which are improperly prepared, for example by failing to provide the correct supporting evidence. In order to ensure your spouse extension application succeeds, all necessary documents must be provided. Our immigration solicitors in London are able to assist you throughout the entire visa process.
This can be a significant administrative task and you will need to submit the correct documentary evidence. The UK Immigration Rules are complex and a legal representative; our immigration solicitors in London can help ensure that your spouse extension application meets the Immigration Rules.
Successful Spouse extension application with our immigration solicitors in London
Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest. Our immigration solicitors in London offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of your immigration status and the merit of your application before your matter even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. Our immigration solicitors in London can assist you with the preparation and submission of your settlement application and ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules.
We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients. LEXVISA is just minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.
Preparation is the key to a successful spouse extension application. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and arrange your legal consultation.
Contact our London immigration solicitors on 02071830570 or complete our contact form.