UK Immigration Updates: New Online Application for Permanent Residence Card and European Passport Return Service

The new online applications for a permanent residence card as an EEA or Swiss national are now available on the Home Office website. The application is an alternative to the EEA(PR) paper form and can be used by EEA or Swiss nationals. The service will not be available to applicants applying as family members and they will need to fill in the paper form. Applicants can now use European Passport Return Service and keep their original document during the decision-making process.

Online forms are now available for Permanent Residence Card applications.

Online EEA Permanent Residence Application and European Passport Return Service

The new online application is now available on the Home Office website. The online version is an alternative to the EEA(PR) paper form but you will still need to print the application and send it to the Home Office with supporting documents. The online application can be used by EEA and Swiss nationals and is not available to family members, who will still need to fill in the paper form. You will need to complete each page of the application and if you encounter any difficulties you can always use the paper form.

European Passport Return Service is another new option available to the applicants. Those who want to keep their passport during the decision-making period will be able to hand in their application forms and supporting documents to a local authority or nominated premium service centre.

You will need to attend the appointment within 5 days from completing the form and the local authority will send off the application with a copy of your passport to the Home Office. The applicant will be able to keep their original passport. There will be a service fee and the local authority will confirm times available.

Apply for a EEA Permanent Residence Card

In the United Kingdom, the current immigration rules governing a right of permanent residence fall under Regulation 15 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (EEA Regulations). Regulation 18 of the EEA Regulations governs the documents which can be held as evidence of a right of permanent residence.

You can apply for a permanent residence card after living in the UK for 5 years. This will prove your right to live in the UK permanently. In order to qualify for permanent residence you would need to be exercising your Treaty rights as a worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, job-seeker or a student.

EEA nationals who are able to evidence the above may wish to apply for a document which certifies their permanent residence. Family members of EEA nationals who have held an EEA Residence Card for 5 years may also wish to apply for an EEA Permanent Residence Card if they can demonstrate their EEA national family member was exercising their Treaty Rights during their stay in the UK.

Successful EEA Permanent Residence Card Applications

If you wish to consider your options following Brexit or are concerned about your current position in the UK, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your matter and if necessary advise you of the next steps you should take in a consultation.

We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients.  We are minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.

Our expert Solicitors at LexLaw have a very high success rate in Permanent Residence Card applications and treat each case individually, providing detailed assessments to our clients. Our detailed consultations are to ensure that you are eligible to make a Permanent Residence Card application. If you decide to instruct us we will provide you with a bespoke documents list tailored to your circumstances.

Our city of London solicitors will guide you through all the requirements in accordance with the UK Immigration Rules. Making the process as easy as possible and working hard to get a successful result.

Our team of experienced and professionally qualified immigration solicitors and barristers will be able to go through the Home Office’s requirements with you. As well as, the process of making a visa application to the UK step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of law. Contact us so that we can review your case and provide you with an assessment.

Call Now Button search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close