The Global Talent: Art and Culture visa route allows talented and promising individuals working in the arts and culture sector an opportunity to stay in the UK for up to 5 years with the possibility of subsequent settlement. Our highly qualified team of immigration barristers and solicitors frequently assist clients in making successful Global Talent Visa applications so they can focus on what matters the most: their work.
An application under the Global Talent Visa: Art and Culture route has two stages: the ‘endorsement stage’ and the ‘visa application stage’. Whilst you may apply for both endorsement and visa application at the same time, it is usually better to apply for an endorsement first.
What are the requirements of qualifying for a Global Talent Visa: Art and Culture?
In order to qualify for a Global Talent Visa in the Arts and Culture field, you will need to show that:
- You are aged eighteen or over;
- You have been issued with an endorsement letter by the Arts Council England or have been awarded a prize listed in Appendix Global Talent: Prestigious Prizes;
- Your application does not fall under the general grounds for refusal; and/or
- You have provided, if needed, a valid TB certificate.
In addition to the above, you may be required to prove other additional requirements. Our specialist Immigration Team aids you from the very outset, ensuring that you are covered on all fronts.
What are the requirements for endorsement by the Arts Council England?
In order to qualify for an ‘Arts and Culture’ endorsement by the Arts Council England, you will need to show that you are a professional who is engaged in producing work of outstanding quality which has been performed, presented, distributed or exhibited internationally. You must also show that you have been regularly engaged as a professional practitioner in your field within the last 5 years and be able to show a substantial track record in more than one country (if applying on the basis of Exceptional Talent) or a developing track record in one or more countries (if applying on the basis of Exceptional Promise).
Our highly-qualified team of immigration barristers and solicitors offer clients a bespoke experience in guaranteeing that you can present their portfolio and talent in the manner required by the Arts Council England.
What is the Endorsement stage?
The Arts Council England is in charge of endorsing applications in the various fields of arts and culture, including combined arts, dance, literature, music, theatre, and visual arts (including those working in an artistic context in galleries and museums).
It is important to note that your application for an ‘Arts and Culture’ endorsement by the Arts Council England will need to include three letters of recommendation. Two of these must be from a well-established arts and culture organisation or by an individual acknowledged as an expert in their field (at least one of these organisations will need to be based in the UK).
Once you send in your endorsement application, the Home Office will hand it to the Arts Council England for review. Endorsements are generally decided within 8 weeks.
What steps can you follow to show your exceptional talent in the field of Arts and Culture?
If you are seeking to evidence exceptional talent in the field of Arts and Culture, you will need to provide at least two of the following:
- Media Recognition (evidence from at least two countries containing two or more examples of significant media recognition for your work as an individual or as a named member of a group);
- Awards (evidence of winning, or significantly contributing to winning, an international award for excellence); or
- Performance, publications or exhibitions (evidence from at least two countries containing proof of appearances, performances, publications or exhibitions considered internationally significant in your field, or evidence of extensive international distribution and audiences for your work as an individual or as a named member of a group).
Can a Global Talent Arts and Culture Prestigious Prize fast-track my application?
If you have won a qualifying prestigious award, as set out in Appendix Global Talent: Prestigious Prizes, you will be able to fast-track the endorsement application by being able to proceed with a single visa application. Whilst the list is reviewed and frequently updated, our team of immigration barristers and solicitors look at the individual merits of your case and present a bespoke case for the endorser and Home Office’s perusal.
What Can I do on a Global Talent visa?
On a Global Talent Visa, you can:
- Stay for up to five years within the UK;
- Choose to be an employee, self-employed or a director of a company;
- Change or stop doing your job without telling the Home Office;
- Bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’; and
- You can travel abroad and return to the UK.
If you want to stay longer in the UK on a Global Talent visa, you can renew your visa however many times you choose, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for extending your stay. You can also apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) after:
- 3 years if you apply as a leader
- 5 years if you apply as a potential leader
Successful Global Visa Talent Applications
The key ingredient to success is having the right support. Our team of solicitors and barristers are specialist immigration lawyers who act in your best interest.
We offer a client-tailored approach from the outset. From the very first meeting, we will be able to advise you in respect of the merit of your case before your matter even reaches the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration department. We can assist you in proceeding with the preparation and submission of your application and ensure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant rules.
We are based in the legal epicentre of London, just across the road from the Royal Courts of Justice in order to ensure we get the best results for our clients. LEXVISA and LEXLAW are just minutes away from the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, the Royal Courts of Justice and other central London courts.
Preparation is integral to success. Our UK immigration and visa solicitors are here to guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements. If you wish to meet one of our lawyers, please call our Immigration Team so we can assess your case and develop a timely legal strategy for your successful Global Talent visa application. Contact our London immigration solicitors on 02071830570 or complete our contact form.