Call our UK Immigration Solicitors:

☎ 02071830570

LEXLAW, 4 Middle Temple Lane, Middle Temple (Inn of Court), London EC4Y 9AA

EEA Family & Residence Permits

An EEA Family permit is for nationals of countries outside the EEA who are family members of EEA nationals who wish to come to the UK. Although the UK is a member of the EEA, a non-EEA family member of a British citizen should not generally come to the UK using an EEA family permit. However, a non-EEA family member of a British citizen living abroad can apply for an EEA family permit to join the British citizen on their return to the UK.

We can help with your EEA Family Permit application and queries. Our expert team of lawyers can assist you with the preparation of your application and ensure that you meet with all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules, we will ensure that all key points are substantiated with documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding unnecessary expense of re submitting your application to the Home Office.

EEA Countries:

Currently the countries which make up the EEA are as follow:

EEA Family Permit for ‘Family Members’

 An EEA family permit is distributed overseas to nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area who are family members of EEA nationals.

 Definition of a ‘family member’ is the following:

 It should be noted that that if you are a student only your husband, wife or civil partner and dependent children have a right of residency. However, if you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a sustainable relationship with one another.

Extended family members do not have an automatic right to live in the UK, such as brothers, sisters and cousins. In order to be considered, they must show that they are dependent on you.

If you do not fall under the definition ‘family member’ you cannot apply for an EEA permit.

EEA Registration Certificate

An EEA Registration Certificate is available for EEA or Swiss nationals and is a document certifying your permanent residence in the UK under European law. This is available if you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years but it is important to note that you do not need a documentation establishing your right of residence in the UK if you are an EEA national.

EEA Residence Cards

If you are the non-European family member of an EEA or Swiss national, and you have come to the UK with them, you can apply for a residence card. This is a document which confirms your right of residence under European law. Your residence card may take the form of an endorsement in your passport (also called a ‘vignette’), or it may be a separate document called an ‘immigration status document’. A residence card is normally valid for 5 years from the date when it is issued.

Why we provide the best legal advice in relation to an EEA Residence & Family Permit:

We are a UK Solicitors law firm and are fully authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and as a professional law firm are completely exempt from requiring authorisation by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). Many businesses offering immigration services are only OISC regulated and as such are not professional legal organisations such as Solicitors firms or Barristers’ chambers. OISC businesses are not allowed to do legal work before the Courts such as Judicial Review or statutory challenges of Home Office decisions. Also as a professional organisation our policy is not to employ sales staff to give you “advice” (all our telephone consultations are handled by lawyers). We are often instructed at immigration appeal stages in cases that ‘immigration businesses’ have dealt with and which were clearly hopeless applications at the outset. When you instruct us, qualified immigration solicitors or immigration barristers work on your case from the outset when it matters the most in order to ensure no time and money is wasted and more importantly that no mistakes are made.

As a leading law firm with a track record of success, you can be assured your immigration matter is in safe hands and that the best strategy for your case will be adopted. It is crucial that you seek specialist legal advice at the outset and prior to making any type of immigration application. We can assist your with your applications for any type of Visa or permit and any form of leave to remain (or for entry clearance) under the points based system. We ensure our clients comply with the Immigration Rules and the strict requirements of the UKBA prior to making an application, thereby eliminating much of the stress of the application process.

Contact us for a successful EEA Residence & Family Permit applications:

Our team of experienced and professionally qualified solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the process step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of the law. Please always call us for a free telephone assessment and free case assessment even if you wish to consider other advisers.

Our Immigration Experts are able to give specialist legal information and advice in this area of law. To contact one of our Immigration Solicitors or Immigration Barristers please complete our legal case assessment form and we will get in touch or call us now on 0845 8622 529 for a free telephone assessment and free case assessment.

Call us on ☎ 0207 1830 570 or email us on for more information about the legal services we provide. Our team of London lawyers are based in Middle Temple adjacent to the Royal Courts of Justice. We are committed to providing professional and specialist legal advice.